Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Info column prints

From: "Amit Khullar" <amit.khullar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:06:50 +0100

Hi,

I have a proprietary dissector for a proprietary protocol which encloses a Q931 packet.

When I dissect the packet and place some information in the INFO column, and then pass the packet to the standard Q931 dissector, it clears of the INFO column and updates its own results.

I want to preserve my information and then allow Q931 to append to it. Can this be done ?

Q931 is a built-in dissector hence I donot want to modify it.

I was thinking more on the lines to retrieve the complete string in the INFO column, after Q931 dissection and then re-format it such that I append Q931 INFO string to my information and then print it in the INFO column. Is this a possibility ?

Would appreciate any help/pointers in this regard.

Cheers

Amit