Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Howto unregister a dissector?

From: "Martin Peylo" <martinmeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:31:21 +0200
Hi,

I'm searching for a way to unregister a dissector.

My problem is that we need a specially hacked version of a protocol
dissector which is already built into Wireshark (lives in
libwireshark.so). In order not to distribute a hacked version of
Wireshark (for Linux, Solaris and Windows) to everybody -- each time
we have to change it -- it would be nice to be able to overwrite the
inbuilt dissector with a plugin.

If I just call register_dissector(), Wireshark complains that there is
already a dissector registered with that name and does not start. Is
there any way to circumvent this? I didn't manage to find one so far.

Thanks,
Martin