Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to make tcap subdissector in plugin

From: "yin sun" <sunyin51@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:16:54 -0400
This is what I ended up doing. Copy paste TCAP and GSMMAP code into
plugin and add my private opcode handling. Why do I need private
opcode. Probably I don't understand how  can I utilize this extension
container as mentioned below. In my case what I need is switch to a
new opcode such as 0xff, then dissect a bunch of private parameters.
Are then defined in 3GPP maybe or maybe not. I think the problem I had
is generic.

Someone wants to have something new for wireshark, and the new thing
is easier to deploy under plugin. But it needs to inherit
implementation from build-in dissector.

Thanks,
/Yin