Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Windows build crashing

From: Jim Pickering <james.pickering@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:21:30 -0700
I am new to the mailing list and am in the process of developing a protocol dissector.

I downloaded the source and build the executable on Windows XP. Everything went quite well. Kudos to the development team.

I ran the built app (C:\wireshark>C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2\wireshark.exe), selected "Capture", selected "Interfaces", hit "Start" on my "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver", and it
crashes with the following:
   AppName: wireshark.exe     AppVer: 0.99.5.0     ModName: msvcr80.dll
   ModVer: 8.0.50727.762     Offset: 0001ebf3

This does not happen with the executable I downloaded.

Built executable from source is Version 0.99.5
Downloaded executable is Version 0.99.5 (SVN Rev 20677)

I am dying to get started on my protocol dissector, but this is holding me up!

Any ideas? Can I supply any more information?

Thanks.

Jim

--
Jim Pickering