Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Application failed to start because the application configuratio

From: Pataki Szilard <pceelurd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 04:38:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

I am experiencing problems with a custom Wireshark installation on
Windows XP.

I wrote two new dissectors and compiled them as plugins, following the
instructions in the Developer guide. I also created the executable
installer (using NSIS). The installer works (it also installs WinPCap),
but Wireshark starts up only on the PC, where it has been built. In
other words, if I take the installer, perform the installation on
another PC and start Wireshark, I get the following error message: "The
application failed to start, because the application configuration is
incorrect. Reinstalling the application might solve the problem."

Any clues, what the problem might be? How can I get a bit more verbose
error messages?

I also tried to copy my own dissectors (2 dlls) into the plugins/
folder of a default Wireshark installation (as downloaded from WWW).
The error message was "mydissector.dll not found.", where mydissector
is the name of my dissector :-)

Thanks and regards,
Szilard

Got a little couch potato?