Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WIMAX decoder is called twice

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 00:07:12 -0700
rohit khare wrote:
i am working on a WIMAX dissector.

So were Intel; they contributed their dissector, which is checked into the current version of the Wireshark code base.

I am not getting that why the module is getting called up twice in some cases even after it has digonosed successfully the packet?

There appear to be cases where, when you click on a packet, the dissector is called twice, rather than just once.

However, that *still* means it's called more than once. When a capture file is read in, each packet is dissected. After that, every time you click on a packet, it's dissected again.

And how to solve this problem?

Either

	1) fix your dissector so that it handles being called more than once

or

	2) just use Intel's dissector by getting a recent buildbot build.