Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissectors

From: "Nandakumar Muthuraj" <nandam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:27:45 -0400
Jaap,

Yeah the handle coould be used some where else

void
proto_reg_handoff_atm(void)
{
        dissector_handle_t atm_handle, atm_untruncated_handle;

        /*
         * Get handles for the Ethernet, Token Ring, Frame Relay, LLC,
         * SSCOP, LANE, and ILMI dissectors.
         */
        eth_withoutfcs_handle = find_dissector("eth_withoutfcs");
        tr_handle = find_dissector("tr");
        fr_handle = find_dissector("fr");
        llc_handle = find_dissector("llc");
        sscop_handle = find_dissector("sscop");
        lane_handle = find_dissector("lane");
        ilmi_handle = find_dissector("ilmi");
        data_handle = find_dissector("data");
        fp_handle = find_dissector("fp");

        atm_handle = create_dissector_handle(dissect_atm, proto_atm);
        dissector_add("wtap_encap", WTAP_ENCAP_ATM_PDUS, atm_handle);

        atm_untruncated_handle =
create_dissector_handle(dissect_atm_untruncated,
            proto_atm);
        dissector_add("wtap_encap", WTAP_ENCAP_ATM_PDUS_UNTRUNCATED,
            atm_untruncated_handle);
}

But lets say if I don't use those dissector handle right away, I need
not find them immediately .
For instance 'fr_handle'in the atm reg . I believe it is just for the
future use and not MANDATORY this point of code.Am I right.
You see I am in the process of registering my first dissector,hnce the
stumble :)

Thanks for pointing, made a silly mistake, I've removed and changed the
password :)

Nanda.