Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] problems building in win32 environment

From: Brian Vandenberg <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:32:55 -0600
I've ran into two problems building in win32. One machine using vs2005, the other vs6.

The 2005 machine threw an error when trying to do the xcopy operation on line 475 of makefile.nmake, saying invalid # of parameters. I was able to fix this by changing ZLIB_DIR to use \s instead of /s, but I'm guessing the /s were intentional for some reason so a better(?) fix may be best.

 The other error is when building sctp_graph_dlg.c, on line 366, it says:

sctp_graph_dlg.c(366) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no object file generated
Generating code...
NMAKE : Fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
(yada yada)

I'm unsure of the cause for this. I already have HHC_DIR commented out in config.nmake ... haven't found a way to resolve this yet.

-Brian