Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Live piping of pcap formatted files to Wireshark

From: Nirupama Ganeshkumar <ng732@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:28:09 +1000 (EST)
Thanks for the reply Steve. Sorry I should have mentioned this... the application is running on Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP2.

Regards,
ng

Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:14:18AM +1000, Nirupama Ganeshkumar wrote:

> Is there any program that I can use to send the pcap-formatted
> packet directly to my Wireshark application? Or is this something I
> need to write?

Is this running on Unix? Can your application write to a pipe?
Wireshark can read from a pipe by specifying the "filename" as an
argument to the interface name parameter: wireshark -i pipe_name

Steve