Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Live piping of pcap formatted files to Wireshark

From: Nirupama Ganeshkumar <ng732@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:14:18 +1000 (EST)
Hello All,

I currently have an application that captures packets and writes them to a .pcap file. This file is then opened in Wireshark for analysis.

Is it possible to see "live" updates? I don't want to have to click on refresh all the time.

Is there any program that I can use to send the pcap-formatted packet directly to my Wireshark application? Or is this something I need to write?

TIA,
ng732

Switch to Yahoo!7 Mail: Transfer all your contacts and emails from Hotmail and other providers to Yahoo!7 Mail. Switch now