Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OpcUa update

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:56:59 +0200
Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:

Ragarding VS2005. I know that problem from other projects.

    * time_t is 64 bit now: Use the define _USE_32BIT_TIME_T to make
      it backward compatible

Well, the crash is a problem in the "compilers code" and not in our code - I don't know if setting this will fix our problem here.

I've added the check to_str.c (under _MSC_VER, so only the MSVC compiler will be affected).

    * wchar_t is a built-in type now. This may also cause problems,
      because it was a "unsigned short" before. But you can switch
      this off too with a compiler switch.

We don't have problems with this, probably because we don't use this, but the glib types ;-)

    * Use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE to avoid anoying warnings about
      ANSI C functions

This is set in the config.nmake part and _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE also. Otherwise you'll get tons of deprecated warnings.

The fuzz tests seems to be running smooth now - *I've checked in your dissector in SVN 21760* :-)

Two questions after I had a look at your code:

- some files use the prefix ua_ while others use opcua_ (I would prefer opcua_ for all such source files) - in some files (opcua_simpletypes.c, ua_application_layer.c, ua_security_layer.c) you use tvb_get_... to explicitly get some data without actually using it (e.g. Numeric and NSId in ua_application_layer.c)

Is there a reason for this (e.g. future use), or is this just left over from development / debugging and should be fixed?

Regards, ULFL