Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to get plugin version from myPlugin.dll ?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 10:41:23 +0100
Lars2B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote some plugin dissectors for different proprietary protocols. As the protocols changed, I changed the plugin versions in moduleInfo.h, too.
> Now I have a bunch of dlls named myPlugin.dll, but I can't determine their version string.
> My plugins' versions are listed in Wireshark->About->Plugins, but how can I determine them just from the dlls? I tried several disassemblers, but didn't find the version string.
> Could you give me a hint?

Win32 or other?

For win32 the info should be built into the resources in the dll and is
displayed in the tooltip when you hover your mouse over the dll in an
Explorer window.  You can see more if you right click on the dll and
select properties and go to the version tab.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice
Software Developer