Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 21556:/trunk/epan//trunk/epan/: prot

From: "Anders Broman \(AL/EAB\)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:32:33 +0200
Hi,
I think you forgot the patch :)
I have been looking at the funktion in packet-ansi_801.c ansi_801_tvb_get_bits() which may be better
To use with some changes to handle endianess and not to use pointers to offsets. Feel free to check
In any changes I'm a bit short on time pressently.
Best regards
Anders
P.S
Untested unused first draft of tvb_get_bits() just extracting the code fom the other funktions.
guint32
tvb_get_bits(tvbuff_t *tvb, gint bit_offset, gint no_of_bits, gboolean little_endian)
{
	gboolean is_bytealigned = FALSE;
	gint offset;
	guint length;
	guint bit_length;
	guint32 value = 0;
	guint32 mask = 0;
	guint8 mask8	= 0xff;
	guint16 mask16	= 0xffff;
	guint32 mask24	= 0xffffff;
	guint32 mask32	= 0xffffffff;
	guint8 shift;

	if((bit_offset&0x7)==0)
		is_bytealigned = TRUE;
	offset = bit_offset>>3;
	bit_length = ((bit_offset&0x7)+no_of_bits);
	length = bit_length >>3;
	if((bit_length&0x7)!=0)
		length = length +1;

	if (no_of_bits < 2){
		/* Single bit */
		mask8 = mask8 >>(bit_offset&0x7);
		value = tvb_get_guint8(tvb,offset) & mask8;
		mask = 0x80;
		shift = 8-((bit_offset + no_of_bits)&0x7);
		if (shift<8){
			value = value >> shift;
			mask = mask >> shift;
		}
	}else if(no_of_bits < 9){
		/* One or 2 bytes */
		if(length == 1){
			/* Spans 1 byte */
			mask8 = mask8>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			value = tvb_get_guint8(tvb,offset)&mask8;
			mask = 0x80;
		}else{
			/* Spans 2 bytes */
			mask16 = mask16>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			if(little_endian){
				value=tvb_get_letohs(tvb, offset);
			} else {
				value=tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset);
			}
			mask = 0x8000;
		}
		shift = 8-((bit_offset + no_of_bits)&0x7);
		if (shift<8){
			value = value >> shift;
			mask = mask >> shift;
		}

	}else if (no_of_bits < 17){
		/* 2 or 3 bytes */
		if(length == 2){
			/* Spans 2 bytes */
			mask16 = mask16>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			if(little_endian){
				value=tvb_get_letohs(tvb, offset);
			} else {
				value=tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset);
			}
			mask = 0x8000;
		}else{
			/* Spans 3 bytes */
			mask24 = mask24>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			if(little_endian){
				value=tvb_get_letoh24(tvb, offset);
			} else {
				value=tvb_get_ntoh24(tvb, offset);
			}
			mask = 0x800000;
		}
		shift = 8-((bit_offset + no_of_bits)&0x7);
		if (shift<8){
			value = value >> shift;
			mask = mask >> shift;
		}

	}else if (no_of_bits < 25){
		/* 3 or 4 bytes */
		if(length == 3){
			/* Spans 3 bytes */
			mask24 = mask24>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			if(little_endian){
				value=tvb_get_letoh24(tvb, offset);
			} else {
				value=tvb_get_ntoh24(tvb, offset);
			}
			mask = 0x800000;
		}else{
			/* Spans 4 bytes */
			mask32 = mask32>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			if(little_endian){
				value=tvb_get_letohl(tvb, offset);
			} else {
				value=tvb_get_ntohl(tvb, offset);
			}
			mask = 0x80000000;
		}
		shift = 8-((bit_offset + no_of_bits)&0x7);
		if (shift<8){
			value = value >> shift;
			mask = mask >> shift;
		}

	}else if (no_of_bits < 33){
		/* 4 or 5 bytes */
		if(length == 4){
			/* Spans 4 bytes */
			mask32 = mask32>>(bit_offset&0x7);
			if(little_endian){
				value=tvb_get_letohl(tvb, offset);
			} else {
				value=tvb_get_ntohl(tvb, offset);
			}
			mask = 0x80000000;
		}else{
			/* Spans 5 bytes
			 * Does not handle unaligned bits over 24
			 */
			DISSECTOR_ASSERT_NOT_REACHED();
		}
		shift = 8-((bit_offset + no_of_bits)&0x7);
		if (shift<8){
			value = value >> shift;
			mask = mask >> shift;
		}