Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warings/error in packet-ssl.c

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:24:45 -0700
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 09:29:39AM +0200, Paolo Abeni wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 23:06 +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> > Can someone please have a look at uand fix the following warning:
> >
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > packet-ssl.c: In function 'ssl_parse':
> > packet-ssl.c:334: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared
> > with attribute warn_unused_result
>
> The attached patch fix the issue. It also try to fix a bit the
> indentation.

Thanks for your help!  I have committed your patch as SVN revision 21527
with two minor changes: I moved size_t nbytes up to the top of the
function with the other delcarations and fixed a typo
(expeted->expected).

Joerg: Out of curiosity, what platform/compiler are you using that warns
you if you don't use the result of fread()?

Steve