Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Info column problem continued

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:02:11 +0530
Hi ,

This mail is with reference to my mail send on 20th. April 2007 with the title "Info column display problem".

I have written a dissector which is for a proprietary protocol.
It is getting dissected well , but I'm only facing problem with the display in "info" column.

When I load my packet , the info column does not give any display if the display filter is not set to my protocol name say xxx. Once I set the display filter to xxx, I get the proper display in the info column.
But if I load a sua packet or any other protocol packet , the info column displays information even when the display filter is not set to "sua" or that protocol name .

In my wireshark gui I can see that the "colorize packet list" is ticked i.e. it is set.

Could anyone please suggest me the reason for this behavior with my plugin.

Regards ,
Vikash

www.wipro.com