Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 21452: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:46:09 +0100
Jeff,

Thanks for digging up this info!

For now I'm just keeping that file pegged at the revision that builds.
I can't patch the gcc-3.4.6 our development group shares.  If the
problem becomes worse (or if I develop a sudden interest in wireless
protocols) I can always build gcc 4 locally and configure my wireshark
build to use that.

Thanks again,
Martin

On 4/20/07, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Martin Mathieson wrote:
> It does look like the same problem.
>
> Their report says that a problem of this kind was fixed in
> gcc-3.4.4-2{,.fc3}, so either its the same problem not fixed in
> vanilla gcc-3.4.6 or another problem with similar symptoms...

Looking through the affected file in the gcc-3.4 branch:

http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/branches/gcc-3_4-branch/gcc/varasm.c?view=log

it appears that this bug has not been fixed in that branch.

Looking through the emails from the Redhat bug, it appears the author of
the patch needed an OK for the 3.4 branch:

but I don't see any such OK.