Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling under MSVC 6.0 - simple Q, clear cut A ?

From: "Bryan Miller" <millerb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:45:09 -0600
I read through this thread with keen interest as I am experiencing similar
issues.

I am a UNIX developer (literally) but am currently developing Wireshark on
Windows so there could be operator error involved.  I've been successfully
building using MSVC and nmake for the past couple years and only recently
decided to use MSDEV for debugging.  I get the usual initial pause in
..\gtk\main.c but pressing F5 to continue causes the unrecoverable error -
"Unhandled exception in wireshark.exe (LIBGLIB-2.0.0.DLL) Access violation".

If I run wireshark.exe outside of the debugger it performs perfectly.  Has
anyone seen this before and know the root cause?

I've carefully followed the advice on the wiki and have pointed MSDEV to the
source code and .bsc file.  I've tried both attaching MSDEV to a running
instance of wireshark and also allowing MSDEV to spawn the instance.  Both
experience the same failure.

Cheers
Bryan