Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Debug build of wireshark w/installer built on XP with 99.5 sourc

From: "Phillip R. Paradis" <phillip.paradis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:03:29 -0700
I've built Wireshark 99.5 on an XP Pro (SP-2) machine with MSVC8 (from
Visual Studio 2005 Pro). Wireshark runs perfectly on the XP box; if I
generate an installer and use the installer to install on a Server 2003 R2
(SP-2) system, Wireshark fails to launch, with VC++ runtime error R6034.
(app attempted to load C runtime incorrectly)

One suggestion I've seen to fixing this is to rebuild with release
libraries, but I have not been able to do so successfully. I edited
config.nmake and tried changing /MD to /MT in LOCAL_CFLAGS as well as
removing /DEBUG from LOCAL_LDFLAGS; running 'Nmake -f Makefile.nmake
distclean' followed by 'nmake -f Makefile.nmake' exploded and left a toxic
cloud of link errors floating over my monitor.

MSVC_VARIANT is set to MSVC2005.

Will using release libs instead of debug libs correct the problem? (I rather
suspect it would, assuming I haven't screwed something else up) If so, am I
missing something blatantly obvious in reconfiguring the makefile? Or did I
miss a step in the rebuild?

--
Phil