Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Compile broken on 64-bit Linux -- packet-dtls.c

From: Mike Duigou <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:16:04 -0700
packet-dtls.c: In function 'dissect_dtls':
packet-dtls.c:433: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

I hope that with the recent emphasis on fixing warnings that all conversions between pointers and integers are now flagged as errors. For software like Wireshark which doesn't directly touch hardware or depend up on the internal representation format of pointers any conversion between a pointer type and a non-pointer type should always be highly suspect.

Expressions who's result is a ptrdiff_t or involve addition or subtraction of a ptrdiff_t are certainly fine of course...

Mike