Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Newbie to wireshark development,help !

From: "RayFred Pip" <rayfredpip@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 12:37:16 +0800
Wireshark development team:
   I want to be a developer of *wireshark* project. But I got problems mainly on how to get involved into it quickly.
   I have a wish for wireshark that I want to implement. That is to add a "content playback"  functionality(playback the captured bits as its  original format so that human can read and understand them) for wireshark.
   It is now easy job though.And I even don't know how to get into it as quickly as possible beginning from scratch.
I have read the web pages on the official site and the Developer's Guide from which I got information of how wireshark works and how to set up a development environment for it ,BUT until now wireshark has become a big project and software that has too many C codes .Should I begin with reading codes and understand all the APIs and what anything else ...?
   Any good suggestions please ?
   Thank you very much : )