Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark compilation on Unix

From: Sebastien Tandel <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:53:27 +0200
Hi,

   As you know the wireshark unix side was not yet compiling without
warning when Ulf finished the job on the windows side.
   Now, except for a very few dissectors remaining, Wireshark is
compiling successfully with - at least - gcc-3.3.6, gcc-3.4.6, gcc-4.0.4
and gcc-4.1.2 without any warning. It's not working with gcc-2.95 on my
Linux box because of a 'visibility' qualifier used in a glib header file
(glib-2.12.4).

I therefore thought it was time to modify the configure script to
automatically stop on a warning (when using gcc).

Do not hesitate to report problems, hoping there won't be any :)
In case of emergency, though, ./configure --without-warnings-as-errors
should help you

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel