Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] windows buildbot problem

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:02:07 -0400
<SNIP>

Richard:

I've found that to successfully link reassemble_test.exe, tvbtest.exe and
exntest.exe with vc6 on my Windows XP machine using the current
epan\Makefile.nmake file I had to make some changes to each of the associated
link commands.

Specifically
1.  I had to add
        $(conflags) $(conlibsdll)
    to each of the link commands (similar to how tshark is linked).

        Once the above was done, I found that user32.lib and wsock.lib need not be
        specified for linking reassemble_test.exe

2. I had to add $(ZLIB_LIBS) to the link cmd for tvbtest.exe

I'm a little confused since a quick read of the  previous EMails seems to
indicate that the Windows reassemble.exe was linking OK and the the issue was
being able to run the executable.

However: since it sure looks to me like the above Makefile changes are needed
I've submitted the changes (SVN 21400).

If I'm mistaken, they can easily be backed out.

Bill

PS: Thanks for doing the work on reassemble_test.

Working thru the code has been of much help in understanding how the fragment
reassembling stuff works (so I can properly fix packet-tds.c).