Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] windows buildbot problem

From: Gerhard Gappmeier <gerhard.gappmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:45:33 +0200
It's a good idea with VC8 to embed the manifest. So you don't need to copy it along with the exe.

 mt.exe -nologo -manifest "yourprog.intermediate.manifest" -outputresource:yourprog.exe;1

regards
Gerhard.

Graham Bloice schrieb:
Ulf Lamping wrote:

Richard van der Hoff wrote:

and the test
executables need proper manifests.

Uh huh. What does that involve?

Sorry to ask stupid questions - I really am a bit of a newbie when it
comes to building things for windows; I've been somewhat stabbing in the
dark to even get this far :/.

If you build with MSVC 2005, you will get a xxx.exe.manifest file along
with the xxx.exe. You'll need to copy both files.

That was the missing step.  I was already copying reassemble_test.exe
into the wireshark-gtk2 dir, but I didn't copy the manifest.  After
doing that the test ran successfully.

So, the test needs to build the exe, copy reassemble_test.exe and
reassemble_test.manifest to the wireshark-gtk2 dir, then execute the exe
from there.  I think that will be easier than trying to fiddle the path.