Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] windows buildbot problem

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:48:07 +0100
Ah, thanks Gerald...

Gerald Combs wrote:
If I run epan\reassemble_test.exe (or exntest.exe) on the Windows
builder, it complains about not being able to find glib.  If I copy them
to the wireshark-gtk2 directory, they run fine if they were compiled
using Visual C++ 6.0.  If they were compliled using Visual C++ 2005
Express they complain about not being able to find MSVCR80.DLL.

It looks like there are two problems: We need to copy the test
executables to WS_BIN_PATH if we're running under Windows,

Right... is this not possible to achieve by massaging %PATH% or something? Though I do see that tshark is coped to wireshark-gtk2 before it is used in the build process.

To be honest, I'm not sure that epan/ is the right place for these tests anyway (they ended up there mostly because tvbtest is there, and because setting up all the autoconf magic in a new directory is a bit scary). A separate directory for test binaries would make much more sense. But I suspect that's a side-issue here.

and the test
executables need proper manifests.

Uh huh. What does that involve?

Sorry to ask stupid questions - I really am a bit of a newbie when it comes to building things for windows; I've been somewhat stabbing in the dark to even get this far :/.