Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 0.99.5 "makerpm-package"problemsonRHEL3

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:03:15 -0400
I figured out the problem with the /usr/lib conflict.  The default
location specified by "prefix" in packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.spec.in
is set to /usr, rather than to /usr/local.  Changing it allowed me to
create an .rpm and install it without conflicting with the wiretap
library already installed in /usr/.

I can't create an svn diff at the moment (proxy troubles), but consider
this one-line change to the file, packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.spec.in:

%define prefix   /usr

%define prefix   /usr/local

- Chris
(Bug 1509 updated.)