Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Questions about IEEE 802.11 dissector

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:29:24 +0200
Den 3. apr. 2007 kl. 01.09 skrev Guy Harris:

What type of AirPort adapter do you have?

I'm using a iMac 24" which identifies a Broadcom BCM43xx firmware.

I think at least some of them are using (yay!) radiotap headers rather
than AVS headers, although some older ones might've used AVS headers.
There might be a driver bug wherein the SSI type isn't big-endian,
although with older adapters that'd arguably be somewhat stoopid,
given that

Which driver is used to capture wireless traffic? Builtin in OSX, or pcap?
I really don't know where to start looking for this...

--
Stig Bjørlykke