Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] BCD ?

From: "Lars Worsaae" <lars.worsaae@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 21:31:27 +0200
Yes
And we might even need two different variants of PACKED BCD
The problem is how to handle odd number of digits in an integer number of bytes

I have two variants
leading 0: 0x01 0x23 = 123
and
trailing F: 0x12 0x3F = 123

/Lars

On 4/7/07, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've been interested in BCD presentation as well. For that I've whipped
together some proto_tree_add_bcd() code, but couldn't really get my head
around creating a generic FT_BCD.
For that matter you're talking about PACKED BCD, which is different from
BCD.

PACKED BCD:     0x46 0x10 -> 4610
BCD:            0x04 0x06 0x01 0x00 -> 4610

So if we make FT_BCD we also need to make FT_PACKED_BCD.
Anyone a decent manual for adding FTs?

Thanx,
Jaap