Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissecting multiple protocol headers in a single plugin

From: "Charles Lepple" <clepple@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:31:42 -0400
On 4/4/07, Bob Doolittle <Robert.Doolittle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Guy Harris wrote:
> So the "tree" argument to the subdissector is non-null?

Yes it is.  Under what circumstances is it NULL, by the way?  I'm
mimic'ing the
appropriate tests/structure but don't understand why yet...

I don't know when it's NULL while the GUI is up, but I gather the
intent was for cases like when tshark is displaying only the one-line
summary, and not the full tree.

--
- Charles Lepple