Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Tabs in long subjects (a really really really long subject line,

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:50:06 +0100
Something in the transmission path for mails to wireshark-dev (I assume it's the wireshark.org Mailman, but who knows) seems to be wrapping Subject: lines incorrectly. Essentially it replaces a space in the subject with a CRLF followed by a tab.

According to RFC822 (3.1.1) "Unfolding is accomplished by regarding CRLF immediately followed by a LWSP-char as equivalent to the LWSP-char" - ie, [CR][LF][HT] is equivalent to [HT].

This makes Thunderbird display a little binary '0009' symbol rather than the intended space. It's more annoying than anything else, but could something be done about it?

Cheers

Rich