Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding Winshark binaries

From: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:13:47 +0530
Hi  all,
         I hv  a question.
        Due  to some  dowloading  problems, I am not able to build  wireshark on Windows. So, I hv  decided to build WS  source in Linux itself.

These  are my  queries
1) If  I  build WS, and write my  own  dissector (as a plugin or build with  source ) in Linux,  can  the  .exe  file so  genrated  be  executable in Windows  OR  is  there any necessity  for me to crs-compile??
2)Is  there  any  other  tool/library/software , I need to download  to  compile(build)  in  Linux. I hv  read  the  Dev  guide. It  says  no extra  tools
--Thanks
        Manju
SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
-------------------------
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In
case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or
indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are
requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication
Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due
authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of
viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email