Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] USB

From: Jim Paris <jim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 00:37:59 -0700
I would like to start playing with the USB dissector in Wireshark.

My USB capture hardware will give me complete USB packets, i.e. all of
the data on the wire between the SOP and EOP markers.  However, I'm
not clear on how this fits into the DLT_USB or DLT_USB_LINUX capture
types.  It seems that even the "raw" DLT_USB is a higher-level view offb
USB, above the actual USB packet format on the wire, in that it has
complete URBs instead of actual packets like IN, DATA0, SOF, ACK, etc.

Given that I have real raw USB packets, any suggestions on what to do
to get those into Wireshark?  Could the existing USB dissector still
be useful or would this entail creating a whole new DLT_* type and
dissector?

-jim