Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFC 2508 Dissector

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:46:17 -0700
On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 08:36:35PM -0700, Donald White wrote:

> In resolving this problem, I developed a partial RFC 2508 dissector
> which I added to packet-ppp.c.  The code is attached.

> Thus, I submit it to the list in its current state.  I cannot even
> provide the capture from which I worked as test data.  I am willing to
> do further development if someone can provide further examples of
> packets from this protocol.

Thanks for your contribution!  I've committed your changes as SVN
revision 21304 with a minor change in a few places that won't affect
normal operation of the code:

I changed match_strval() to val_to_str() (see doc/README.developer for
usage notes - match_strval() may return a NULL that we don't want and
cause a crash if it runs across unexpected data).

Steve