Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector for OpenVPN
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:06:35 -0700
On Apr 2, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Bill Fassler wrote:

I opened a bug in bugzilla per Guy Harris' request. If I remember correctly it is bug number 1463. I was under the impression that someone on the development team would be assigned and write the dissector for me.
Wireshark isn't run the way commercial software projects tend to be
run, with bugs being assigned to a member of the development team
officially tasked with fixing the problem; it's more a case of members
of the development team picking up items they see when they have time
and an interest - Wireshark isn't a day job for many of us.