Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WIN32 Compilation failed : tshark is not a validwin32 applic

From: "CANDIA, Fabrice" <fabrice.candia@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:52:59 +0200
Hi,

In fact, It seem to be the call to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\SetEnv.Cmd" which change my paths.

* Look at the result after the call to vcvars32.bat :

C:\wireshark>call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"

C:\wireshark>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.
bat"
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools.

C:\wireshark>nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits r'serv's.

Checking for required applications:
        cl: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/cl
        link: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/link
        nmake: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/nmake

        bash: /usr/bin/bash
        bison: /usr/bin/bison
        flex: /usr/bin/flex
        env: /usr/bin/env
        grep: /usr/bin/grep
        /usr/bin/find: /usr/bin/find
        perl: /cygdrive/c/Opt/Perl/bin/perl
        C:/python24/python.exe: /cygdrive/c/python24/python.exe
        sed: /usr/bin/sed
        unzip: /usr/bin/unzip
        wget: /usr/bin/wget

* And now, look at the result after the call to SetEnv.cmd :

C:\wireshark>call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 20
03 R2\SetEnv.Cmd"

Attempting to detect a Microsoft Visual Studio installation

Targeting Windows XP 32 DEBUG

C:\wireshark>nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 7.00.8882
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-2000. All rights reserved.

Checking for required applications:
        cl: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/cl
        link: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/link
        nmake: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Serv
er 2003 R2/Bin/nmake
        bash: /usr/bin/bash
        bison: /usr/bin/bison
        flex: /usr/bin/flex
        env: /usr/bin/env
        grep: /usr/bin/grep
        /usr/bin/find: /usr/bin/find
        perl: /cygdrive/c/Opt/Perl/bin/perl
        C:/python24/python.exe: /cygdrive/c/python24/python.exe
        sed: /usr/bin/sed
        unzip: /usr/bin/unzip
        wget: /usr/bin/wget

Link to nmake changes between the 2 calls !

I tried to build after recall the first script (vcvars32.bat). I've got the same problem + problem with xcopy :

        if exist tshark.exe xcopy tshark.exe wireshark-gtk1
'xcopy' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : code retour '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : code retour '0x2'