Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Missing msvcr80.dll

From: "Kuzmits, Matthias" <matthias.kuzmits@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:33:56 +0200
Hi Ronaldo

Last week I was triying the same and had the same results as you. The problem is that MS doesn't provide a redistributable (vcredist_x86.exe) which fits to the actual compiler version.

Right now I have only a workaround after the installation.
In the wireshark directory you will find some *.manifest files which you have to modify according your system. Within the systemdirectory(C:\WIndows) you can find a subdirectory "WinSxS" and this contains a subdir for each msvcr... version. In may case and I believe in your case the actual version is x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd but is is compiled with a version *8.0.50727.272*.

What you have to do is to change the name inthe manifest files so that they fit to your system.
Attached are my modified versions which worked on my system.

Matthias