Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding downloading source

From: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:07:49 +0530
Hi  Graham,
I followed each and every step faithfully as given in Developer's guide , but still I am not able to get the source and I get the same error. I download source from http://www.wireshark.org/download/src/wireshark-0.99.5.tar.gz separately(without SVN), untarred it through cygwin, and then tried to put the source into SVN( by specifying the untarred file directory in the checkout file option ). I got the error "Error: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL " I hv even mailed to the dev guide of Tortoise but no reply from them....

 Ur  advice is very  essential .... Pls help
-----------Manju

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Developer support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding downloading source

Manjunath P wrote:
I have special "Downloading Rights " in my office and my m/c is not behind
any firewall. I  downloaded a tortoise SVN(  recent SVN 1.4.3   win32 ).
When I try to do "svn --version" on my cmd line , I get an error "The
application has failed to start because  cygdb-4.2.dll was not found. Re
installing the application may fix this problem".
             After  this,  I tried  to  repair  with installer package.
Later  I uninstalled the present client  and re-installed   the windows
installer package again from the Tortoise website but again found the same
problem(given  below).  I read  sections 3.3.2  and 3.3.3  and 3.3.4  of
Developer's guide.
How  can  I proceed further?  Pls  advice

The dll error was probably because your command line is picking up a
cygwin version of svn.  Tortoise does *not* provide a command line
version of svn.  It does provide some command line tools, but they
aren't the same as standard svn.

Using TortoiseSVN, open an Explorer window, right click any directory or
drive and choose "SVN Checkout..." from the context menu.  It might be
in the TortoiseSVN sub menu.

In the resulting dialog, enter the correct url
(http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk) in the "URL of
repository" field, and a suitable local directory in the "Checkout
directory" field.  Ensure the two check boxes are cleared and select the
"HEAD" radio button.  Click "OK".

After a suitable period of time you should have the source tree on your
local hard disk.  Continue as per the developers guide.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email