Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding downloading source

From: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:19:46 +0530
I have special "Downloading Rights " in my office and my m/c is not behind any firewall. I downloaded a tortoise SVN( recent SVN 1.4.3 win32 ). When I try to do "svn --version" on my cmd line , I get an error "The application has failed to start because cygdb-4.2.dll was not found. Re installing the application may fix this problem". After this, I tried to repair with installer package. Later I uninstalled the present client and re-installed the windows installer package again from the Tortoise website but again found the same problem(given below). I read sections 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 of Developer's guide.
How  can  I proceed further?  Pls  advice
---------Regards
                      Manju

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> To: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Developer support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding downloading source

Manjunath P wrote:
Hi ,
I am having a Windows XP m/c. I hv installed MSVC ExpEd and PSDK also. I am getting the foll. error when I try to download source through Tortoise SVN. Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/wireshark/trunk' Error: PROPFIND of '/wireshark/trunk': could not connect to server (http://anonsvn.wireshark.org) What could be the error? Pls guide
I guess you are behind a (restrictive) proxy/firewall. Subversion uses some advanced HTTP mechanisms to connect from client to server, which might be restricted by the proxy/firewall.

Try to get a tarball/zip, as described in the developers guide.

Regards, ULFL

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email