Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] preference tree for SS7

From: "Luis Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:43:07 +0200
Now I have to type [Ctrl-Shift-P][p][r][o][RET][fw-arrow][t][c][TAB]
and I can modify TCAP's
prefs.

Tomorrow I'll have to:
[Ctrl-Shift-P][p][r][o][RET][fw-arrow][s][s][RET][fw-arrow][t][c][TAB]
for a keyboard animal like me that's a loss...

On the other hand I know that TCAP is an SS7 protocol so *I* would
look there, for someone that does not know what SS7 is how he would
ever know where to look.

SS7 is not a good example for this... if you do not know what's SS7
you probably won't see any SS7 traffic not even by accident, lest
you'll now or need to know what's TCAP. But my point is that
categorizing protocols can hide many of these from users.

The flat list is easy to search while for the categorized one you need
to know where the protocol belongs.

Luis