Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding buiding Ethereal

From: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:15:50 +0530
I hv read the Developer's guide and through my Cygwin, I hv already gcc,gdb,flex,make,bash,python,perl,sed,bison,flex,diff,patch tools.
Also,  when I do a
$ gtk-config --version
1.2.10
$ glib-config --version
1.2.10
This means that gtk+and Glib libraries are also installed. But still , I get the same error.

Pls  help me in building WS  in  Windows  Cygwin platform
---Thanks
         Manju

patilm@sasnokia116 /cygdrive/d/wireshark-0.99.5
$ cd libpcap-0.7.2

----- Original Message ----- From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Manjunath P" <patilm@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Developer support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding buiding Ethereal

Hi Manjunath,

On WIN32, there are several other requirements than just cygwin to
compile WS. Please check out the documentation at
http://wireshark.org/develop.html and
http://wireshark.org/download/docs/developer-guide-a4.pdf to start
with. If you follow the instructions in the developer guide without
deviating, you can will almost certainly be successful on the first
compile attempt.

Regards,
Abhik