Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation failure on MSVC 6.0 with Platform SDK

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:40:03 +0200
Graham Bloice wrote:

From the include files.

I haven't been able to check your changes yet, but I imagine that they
are close to my tests so that they should be OK.  I'll check tomorrow.
In the meantime the buildbot found out that MSVC6 without PSDK doesn't compile, as _WINSOCK2API_ is already defined with it - but sockaddr_storage is not.

After thinking about it, I've used WINVER for it (which basically should indicate the Platform SDK version), and checked in a change (you may have a look at the two files for details).

So at least it's working on MSVC 6 without PSDK and MSVC 2005EE with PSDK. The less recent PSDK probably still in use is MSVC 2002 (and therefore the most probable to fail), we'll see if someone reports a problem on it now (so we might need to tweak the WINVER check).

If you can verify MSVC 6 with PSDK, I think we're on the right way ...

Regards, ULFL