Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Query on status of patches

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:08:11 +0100
On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 09:58:26AM +0100, Sake Blok wrote:
> I have not seen many
> patches being overlooked actually. There were the occasions where a review
> lasted a little longer, but most patches were commited within a couple of
> days. Maybe a patch-tracking system is a little overkill. The majority of
> patches seem to be easy to review and commit.

Something that we have (sort of) promoted in the past was the following:
Submit your patch to the ml. In case the patch isn't committed/nacked
within 3-4 days then open a bug and attach the patch to the bug. This
way the patch won't get lost and we don't have the management overhead
of tracking all the patches in the bugtracking system.

 ciao
      Joerg