Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto_add_tree_item versus proto_add_tree_string

From: "Neely Grady-W30566" <grady.neely@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:11:36 -0400
Thanks for the response.

Yes I am using a separate field name for each field.  Right now they are all of type FT_STRING.

The problem I run into is the bitmask will need to be shifted depending on where in the byte the interesting bits are.  Is there a way to shift the bitmasks in the hf_ struct?

The fields are always the same length its just their position in the bytes that varies.

I would really like the values to be integer values so when the user enters a filter, he doesn't have to know whether the field is a string or integer type.

Hope that helps clear it up some.