Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] what is the best entry point / file in debugging Wiresharp s

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:06:00 -0700
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:36:10PM -0800, hub wrote:

> I am quite new to the source code of Wireshark and I have a simple
> question. Does anyone knows what is a good entry file/subroutine that
> I can build a project/solution upon in VC++ (any VC version)? Lets
> say, is there a single .c file (having main() ) that when I load it
> into my VC++ environment and start building the project upon? It seems
> like there many files with main(), but I am looking for the one that
> is the major one, so when I run it I get the Wireshark interface build
> and everything else the way wireshark is available for the users. Or
> does anyone already have a simple VC++/VC# main() already written that
> would work with some of the wireshark files?

The beginning main() function is in gtk/main.c.  I believe I just built
my MSVC++ 2005 EE project out of the whole Wireshark folder.  You also
have to configure the command-line compliation commands (nmake -f
Makefile.nmake basically).  See the Developer's Guide for more details
(http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/).

Steve