Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Data from previous protocol

From: "ali alkhalidi" <alikhalidilug@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:56:12 +0200
the protocol I want data from is IP, and I'm intrested in at least the
least 20 bytes (a normal non-fragmented IP datagram) of it, things
that cover the basic things like packet-id, payload length, etc.

thanks,

On 3/11/07, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ali alkhalidi wrote:
> for example:
>
> putting the following code in of the the dissectors above IP, segfaults????
>
>       if(tree){
>       fprintf(stderr,"%d\n",tree->finfo->start);
>       firstbyte=tvb_get_guint8(tree->finfo->ds_tvb,tree->finfo->start);

That's not supported.

If you want data from another protocol, that protocol will have to
supply it to you.

What protocol are you trying to get data from, and what data are you
trying to get from it?