Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Data from previous protocol

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:48:45 -0800
ali alkhalidi wrote:
for example:

putting the following code in of the the dissectors above IP, segfaults????

	if(tree){
	fprintf(stderr,"%d\n",tree->finfo->start);
	firstbyte=tvb_get_guint8(tree->finfo->ds_tvb,tree->finfo->start);

That's not supported.

If you want data from another protocol, that protocol will have to supply it to you.

What protocol are you trying to get data from, and what data are you trying to get from it?