Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] Add "Copy as Filter" menu item

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:36:00 +0100
Sake Blok wrote:
On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 07:44:32PM +0100, Sake Blok wrote:
I hope this clears up the background of this patch. If not, feel free to ask me to clarify it some more :)

My patch has not been applied yet, is this because:

a) there is a question whether this functionality is wanted in wireshark
b) there is some discussion on *how* to implement the functionality and
   the choices I made in that regard
c) or maybe my last email just wasn't consciously noted ;)

I hope someone would find the time to properly review it and add it
to the trunk or give me feedback on how to alter the patch if necessary.

or d) no one found the time to think about it - I've started to look at it but was interrupted and couldn't get back to it since then :-(

I had a look at your patch and applied it to my personal tree, noting some things:

1) We already have a Copy submenu in both context menus, your function belongs into this (e.g. /Copy/As Filter) - right below Summary/Description IMHO 2) The Copy entry in the main menu belongs in Edit (e.g. /Edit/Copy/As Filter) and not in Analyze (we need to add all the other Copy functionality into this menu as well, probably later)

Could you change this and send a new patch?

Regards, ULFL