Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] U3 package fails to install

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme.lunt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:17:07 +0100
Hi,

> Graham Bloice wrote:
> > I built a U3 version from SVN 20915, but the resulting .u3p fails to
> > install on my SanDisk MicroCruzer.

Does the package downloaded from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wireshark/wireshark-0.99.5.u3p

install OK?

> > When I run the U3 add programs applet, it reports:
> >
> > U3 Launchpad failed to install U3 program, due to a
> > possible error in the program package.  Try downloading and installing
> > the program again.
> > If the problem persists, contact the program software vendor.
> >
> > The version of U3 Launchpad in use is 1.4.0.2
> >

> I'm also unable to install either a home built version from the latest
> SVN (20933) or the buildbot version of the same.

I have seen this sort of error when the manifest.u3i file is corrupt.

Have a look at the file in packaging/u3/win32/manifest - or extract it from
the u3p using a zip tool.
Does it look OK?

Graeme