Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] I've "officially" dropped support for Windows NT 4.0 ...

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:34:18 +1100
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> After a long time, I "felt" that it was time to drop support for Windows
> NT 4.0!

Is there a ** permanent ** link to a version that runs on NT4? I have a
requirement for one, but don't have the tools to build for NT.

Unless someone can come up with a set of flags to MSVC2003 or MSVC2005
to force NT4 compatibility.

> The reasons for this step were:
>
> - Microsoft itself dropped support for Windows NT 4.0 at the end of
> 2005, see
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/ntendlife.mspx?mfr=true

I work with a customer who still pays for NT4 support. Given a choice
I'd like to see Microsoft drop support for all versions of Windows.

                -- Dr. Who