Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cross-compile wireshark, without using gnutls

From: David Wuertele <dave-gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:48:59 +0000 (UTC)
Luis Ontanon <luis.ontanon@...> writes:

> fixing automake scripts that takes a long long time...
> what you can try is renaming <gnutls/gnutls.h> in your system to
> something else before calling ./configure and rename it back after
> configure has run. That way the configure script will fail finding an
> usable gnutls and will refuse it.

Moving the local gnutls is not an option for me because I'm rolling an automated
build system out to an organziation that has hosts of many flavors.

What I ended up doing is removing all gnutls and gcrypt references from
configure.in and makefile.am, and running automake and autoconf.  It is ugly,
but it works.

Thanks anyways,
Dave