Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] HTTP object export

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:41:55 +0100
Stephen Fisher wrote:
Thanks for everyone's comments so far. I am working on the suggested changes. My first question in response isis, should we keep the objects from each protocol separate or put them all in the same window with a column saying which protocol it came from?
First thing that comes to my mind is something like the "combined" conversation window (Statistics / Conversations), where each protocol has it's own tab.

I guess the columns to display will be different for the different protocols, e.g. for SMTP it might be more interesting to see the senders mail address instead of the hostname.
BTW, I haven't ported this to GTK1.  Should I?

IMHO there are only very few people left still using the GTK1 "port" and there was also something like "I'm fine that new features won't be available as long as the GTK1 port is still working" on the list.

So I would say no, as you can spend your precious time on more interesting/helpful tasks - as I guess even your time is limited ;-)

Regards, ULFL